Buying a home is one of the biggest investments consumers make in their lifetime. Veterans and service members with families will likely capitalize on their VA home loan benefit and buy a house comfortable enough for their loved ones.
There are homebuyers who go the opposite direction and look for less conventional homes. This military personal finance roundup is a bit more fun than others. The blog posts below explore the different types of homes that work for other consumers. Do any of these homes appeal to you?
- The world’s skinniest house pushes goofy homes to the extreme. It’s actually too small to be a legal full-time home.
- Not a whole lot bigger is the 240-square-foot apartment that a Brooklyn Heights couples adores.
- Tiny houses, a popular trend in the housing market right now, aren’t always practical or even legal due to square footage ordinances, but they’re sure fun to think about.
- There’s actually quite a bit to learn from small living spaces, even if you choose to live in a full-sized home.
- Off-the-grid homes are another option that few people see as practical. But those who reside in one find it a most rewarding experience.
- If you’ve never seen a geodesic dome, you should take a virtual tour of one. It’s an unbelievable use of space.