Unexpected things happen. Sometimes they cost lots of money. To be prepared for those things—such as car repairs, acts of God or unexpected travel—you need an emergency. This week’s military personal finance roundup covers emergency funds. Read on to learn what they are, why they matter and how to get your own emergency fund started.
- You can learn a lot from this in-depth crash course to emergency funds.
- If you’re unsure how to start an emergency fund, look no further.
- Not satisfied with those strategies? Try five more ways to jump start an emergency fund.
- Now that you know about and want to create an emergency, you should figure out where to put money for an emergency fund.
- With all of the above in mind, it’s time ask yourself one last question: how much should be in my emergency fund? No two people will need the same amount, so don’t feel pressured if you can’t save as much as others.