Unexpected things happen. Sometimes they cost lots of money. To be prepared for those thingsâ€”such as car repairs, acts of God or unexpected travelâ€”you need an emergency. This weekâ€™s military personal finance roundup covers emergency funds. Read on to learn what they are, why they matter and how to get your own emergency fund started.
- You can learn a lot from this in-depth crash course to emergency funds.
- If youâ€™re unsure how to start an emergency fund, look no further.
- Not satisfied with those strategies? Try five more ways to jump start an emergency fund.
- Now that you know about and want to create an emergency, you should figure out where to put money for an emergency fund.
- With all of the above in mind, itâ€™s time ask yourself one last question: how much should be in my emergency fund? No two people will need the same amount, so donâ€™t feel pressured if you canâ€™t save as much as others.