Data Warehouse Engineer
Location: Columbia, MO, United States
Veterans United Home Loans is seeking a Data Warehouse Engineer to join the Software Services department in the Technology division. As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will perform data modeling, business requirements gathering, and assist in the design and development of the company’s Enterprise Data Warehouse. This position will not be originating loans.
- Thoroughly and quickly analyze business requirements for reporting and analysis, and translate them into a good technical data design.
- Partner with Product Owners to refine the business requirements that must be met for building and maintaining the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Provide expertise in data profiling.
- Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Develop and maintain acceptance tests per requirements.
- Support, develop and maintain technical specification documentation.
- Constantly strive to improve data accuracy and organization.
- Focus on reducing redundancy of data within the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability to learn new concepts, tools, languages and techniques quickly.
- Excel in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative work setting.
- Strong background with data warehousing and reporting architectures, dimensional modeling (Kimball).
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience collaborating and gathering requirements from both technical and business-facing teams.
- Proficiency in at least one ETL toolset (ideally, SSIS), with experience creating and maintaining data in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server DBMS.
- Familiarity and experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling software.
- Working knowledge of common data visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, Power Pivot, tabular cubes, etc.).
- Experience with Team Foundation Services or other change management software.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer
- Proficient in developing complex SQL queries.
- Proven professional experience in data analysis, reporting, and data warehousing.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.