Location: Columbia, MO, United States
Do you like to continually improve development environments? Do you thrive on creating build templates that make life easier for software development teams? Would you find enjoyment in partnering with software developers to deliver products that help us place heroes in homes? If so, VUHL may have the perfect job for you! We seek an experienced configuration architect based in our Columbia, MO home offices, to help us create our strategic vision for our application architecture, automate our build and deploy system, and be part of our whole team product development delivery.his position will automate software builds and deployments, as well as manage version control systems. We would love to have you join our team if you are versed in Team Foundation Services, Release Management, MS Build, or other build, deploy, and version control solutions. This position will not be originating loans.
- Serve as the go-to person on automating the software build and deploy process.
- Serve as the lead authority on designing, maintaining, managing version control.
- Collaborate with your teammates to support crucial application systems.
- Provide technical excellence, support, and quality throughout all stages of projects.
- Partner with all technical departments in the purchase of new applications, tools, technologies, and solutions related to build, deploy, and version control.
- Help progress our DevOps initiatives and methodologies.
- Develop, promote, and teach best practices to our software development teams.
- Learn leading-edge architecture methods, practices, and tools.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Passionate about furthering education through training and hands on experience.
- Passionate about helping others achieve success.
- Ability to overcome challenges.
- Ability to work in a comfortable, open, transparent, flexible and fun environment.
Job Requirements (we'd prefer a combination of 3 years' experience in the following):
- Experience with Agile engineering and process practices.
- Writing MS Build or other dependency management scripts (think Make or Ant).
- Managing a version control system (ideally TFS, but could be Perforce, Git, SVN, CVS, etc).
- Working with a deployment system such as Release Management, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, etc.
- General experience with continuous integration and delivery tools
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer