Location: Columbia, MO, United States
Veterans United Home Loans is seeking an Agile Coach who is skilled in coaching and mentoring whole team delivery of products. We would love to have you join our team if you are well versed in XP, Scrum, and Agile principles and practices.
Passionate about Agile? Want a chance to “raise the bar” on delivering results? Would you find enjoyment in partnering with software developers to deliver products that help us place heroes in homes? Being part of Software Services means you get to be that team member who delivers cool applications and services the Agile way! The Software Services Team is the “Build This House” department that constantly looks for ways to make things better—both internally for the VUHL team and externally to improve customer experience. Leverage your experience as a Scrum Master, Project Manager or Agile Coach to work effectively with product owners, team members, and others to advance and develop XP, Scrum, and Agile principles and practices within Veterans United Home Loans. This position will not be originating loans.
Areas to Shine:
- Coach, mentor, and educate teams on Agile practices to deliver consistently with high quality.
- Work with product owners, business analysts and development teams to drive the planning and execution of Agile releases.
- Help teams find and implement new ways to continually improve.
- Facilitate iteration and release planning to focus on the simplest and most valuable thing.
- Help teams learn how to succinctly communicate during Agile ceremonies and demos.
- Communicate relentlessly across the organization on project and team status, milestones, successes and risks.
- Follow, Coach, and Mentor project and iteration progress through metrics (velocity, team capacity, accepted stories, bug counts, performance, etc.).
- Evangelize Agile methods and Lean thinking on your team and throughout the company.
- All Star ability in Scrum, Lean, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and XP approaches to software delivery.
- Stellar face to face & written communication skills.
- Analytical insights into team and project delivery.
- Clear understanding of Agile product management practices.
- Professional interaction with a diverse group of executives, managers, developers, and subject matter experts.
- Hunger and passion to learn, coach, and share Agile Methodologies.
In Your Rear View Mirror:
- 5+ years of cumulative experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
- Have implemented, nurtured, and developed XP and Agile Teams.
Over the Top Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to develop meaningful metrics and apply for continuous improvement.
- Have Agile credentials or certifications? Let’s hear about them!
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer