Branch Manager - Washington D.C.
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Veterans United Home Loan is seeking a Branch Manager for the Washington D.C. branch office. As a Branch Manager, you serve in both an operations management and Loan Officer capacity for a Veterans United branch location.
- Interview borrowers and obtain and/or verify information and documentation.
- Educate borrowers on loan process and product/service alternatives.
- Analyze borrowers’ information to determine feasibility of pre-approving and obtaining a loan.
- Communicate loan status regularly with clients, responding promptly to inquiries and concerns via email and phone.
- Serve as branch liaison to/from home office, managing limited human resource functions, compliance requirements, financial management, and local marketing activities.
- Point of escalation and oversight for site Production and Operations.
- Supervise team, schedules, and assign duties.
- Responsible for employee actions, including staffing, performance management, and development.
- Remain knowledgeable on company and industry guidelines and processes.
- High attention to detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to motivate and encourage a high-performing diverse team.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Quantitative and analytical decision making skills.
- Aptitude for interpreting and analyzing financial and general business information and procedures.
- Management experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the mortgage industry.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.
- Knowledge in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- NMLS licensed or become licensed upon employment.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer