Location: Columbia, MO, United States
Veterans United Home Loans is seeking a web application developer to collaborate with Product Owners and other Software Developers in an XP/Agile environment, in order to satisfy our internal and external customers through early, frequent, and continuous delivery of simple high-quality and high value software. This position is on-site in Columbia, Missouri and will not be originating loans.
- Test-Drive high-quality, self-documenting code using Pair Programming Practices, Agile Principles, Clean Code Techniques, SOLID and other software design principles.
- Refactor older code as you work on it to reduce the Team’s overall value capacity backlog.
- Create intuitive user interfaces through front- and back-end design.
- Create and maintain minimal documentation.
- Strong OOP design and coding skills.
- Experienced in full-stack development.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for face-to-face over written communication.
- Excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Familiarity/experience working in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development environments.
- Experience with XP practices, particularly Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in software delivery, preferably in one of the following tech stacks:
- Familiarity with SOAP and/or REST
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer