Quality Assurance Architect
Location: Columbia, MO, United States
Veterans United is seeking a Quality Assurance Architect to proactively identify high-risk system areas, partner with Quality Assurance Analysts and Engineers to implement QA technical best practices, and automate QA processes to support target service levels for up-time, security, data accuracy, performance, architecture, and other aspects of software delivery. This position is located on-site in Columbia, MO and will not be originating loans.
What you'll do:
- Help grow the QA team through knowledge sharing, pairing and coaching.
- Proactively develop, implement and refine formal QA methodologies, collaborating among teams.
- Identify gaps in test coverage, and make recommendations on priority and how best to fill them.
- Build and execute API, performance and vulnerability tests of systems based on technical and business needs.
- Work closely with Technical Architects and developers to ensure that issues are dealt with in a timely and professional manner, and identify areas for improvements.
- Collaborate with development teams to encourage creation of testable software, and the design of systems that facilitate testing.
- Lead and validate evaluation and implementation of new QA-related tools and processes.
- Create and maintain documentation as needed to communicate with stakeholders.
- Design, implement and educate teams on test automation frameworks and processes.
- Demonstrated experience designing scalable and maintainable automated testing solutions using UFT, TestComplete, or similar tools.
- Technical leadership abilities including self-direction, coaching & mentoring, leading change in tools or practices across all levels of an organization.
- Agile engineering and process practices experience.
- Ability to work in a comfortable, open, transparent, flexible, casual, fun, and exciting environment.
- Experience overcoming challenges.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to independently manage and drive work efforts.
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, including best practices for testing, development and architecture of software.
- Experience coaching and pairing with members of a team.
- Demonstrated experience with building, executing and maintaining automated tests.
- Ability to leverage development skills and business understanding to optimize QA test efforts.
- .NET/C# and/or LAMP stack software development experience (Java experience is awesome too!).
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer