Mortgage Underwriter 2 - Irving, TX
Location: Irving, TX, United States
Veterans United Home Loans is seeking an experienced mortgage underwriter to ensure our loans meet company and industry standards, specifically for VA Loans. This position will not be originating loans.
Necessary Skills: High attention to detail, unparalleled work ethic, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Review loan files for accuracy and completion (each loan must be fully underwritten).
- Ensure accuracy of documents, data and appropriate decision per guidelines.
- Communication of loan decision to processing and origination staff.
- Explanation of rationale behind credit decisions, as well as identify and recommend alternative loan structures for viable financing solutions.
- Complete all required Dept of VA SAR designation training.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer
- At least 18 months of Residential Mortgage Underwriting experience.
- Fully Proficient and Authorized VA Credit and Collateral Underwriter.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.