Location: Columbia, MO, United States
Veterans United is seeking a Software Architect to serve as a technical leader in application architecture and design. This position will not be originating loans.
What you'll do:
- Serve as lead architect for complex mission critical projects or programs. Collaborate with your teammates to support crucial application systems.
- Partner with technical product owners to create and drive vision for our suite of internal- and external-facing products.
- Ensure that components of the technical architecture, including database design, are properly integrated and implemented.
- Provide technical excellence, support, and quality throughout all stages of projects.
- Partner with all technical departments in the purchase of new applications, tools, technologies, and solutions.
- Learn leading-edge architecture methods, practices, and tools.
- Pair with development teams to provide elegant application designs.
- Help progress our DevOps initiatives and methodologies.
- Develop, promote, and teach best practices in our systems, security, design, database, development, etc.
- Technical leadership abilities including self-direction, coaching & mentoring, and leading change in tools or practices across all levels of an organization.
- Agile engineering and process practices.
- Aptitude to learn new technology.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excel in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer
- 7+ years of experience in Application Development, Architecture, and Database Design.
- Experience coaching and pairing with members of a team.
- Familiarity with WISC and/or LAMP stack (Java is awesome, too).
- Experience with Jenkins, TFS, Perforce, and other version control, continuous integration and delivery tools.