We were excited to recently host a live conversation about VA home loans with the top two leaders of the VA Home Loan Program!
Mike Frueh, national director of the program, and John Bell, a Navy veteran and assistant director of the program, joined us live in our studio at the Veterans United Home Loans headquarters in Columbia, Mo., for an informative, 40-minute conversation about this historic home loan benefit.
We also talked about strategies for financially preparing for homeownership and what real estate agents need to know to help military borrowers maximize their benefits.
Jeff Nelson, business development manager for Homes.com, also joined us. More than 10 million homebuyers and renters visit Homes.com each month.
Real estate agents play a critical role in helping veterans and military members get the most from their hard-earned benefits. Alia J. Khan, a recovering attorney and real estate agent with Real Living at Home, also joined us for the conversation.
Real Living is a provider of real estate and relocation services and part of HomeServices of America, Inc., which has more than 55,000 professionals nationwide.
We were also honored to have Frederick “Jim” Finch, 13th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force (Ret.), in our studio. Jim is one of our brand ambassadors and a champion of the VA loan program and its benefits for veterans, service members and military families.
Here’s a look at the full lineup from our conversation about VA loans and military homeownership:
- Mike Frueh: National Director of the VA Home Loan Program
- John Bell: Assistant Director of the VA Home Loan Program
- Jeff Nelson: Business Development Manager for Homes.com
- Alia J. Khan, real estate agent with Real Living at Home
- Frederick “Jim” Finch: 13th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force (Ret.)
- Chris Birk: Director of VA Loan Education for Veterans United and author of “The Book on VA Loans“
- Sarah Hill: Hangout host and Chief Storyteller for Veterans United