Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
Veterans United Foundation, formed and fully funded by Veterans United Home Loans and its employees, strives to enhance lives by recognizing the selfless contributions of service members and their families through support of such individuals in need.
Despite the aid of benefits like the GI Bill, the ever-increasing expense of a post-secondary degree is one of the greatest challenges facing so many of our nation's finest, and in an effort to address this need, Veterans United Foundation has established the Veterans United Scholarship Program.
The program's primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay for tuition and books.
To be considered, the scholarship applicant must have a connection to the United States Military through falling into at least one of the following categories:
- A current active-duty service member
- Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Spouse of a military member or veteran
- Surviving spouse or child of a fallen soldier
- Child of a military member or veteran
Applicants must also currently be pursuing a post-secondary degree (associates, bachelors, masters or doctorate) at an accredited college or university, OR plan to attend a college or university the following academic year.
In addition, applicants must display financial need and maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
The Veterans United Foundation scholarship can only be used toward school-related expenses (tuition and books).
How to Apply
You will be able to fill out the scholarship application and upload your essay only during the spring and fall submission periods.
To apply for the Veterans United Foundation Scholarship, these two (2) elements are required:
- Fill out the Online Application form directly on the page, made available on the given Key Dates
- Submit a single Essay in response to one of three prompts that will be made available during the key dates. Essays must meet all of the following criteria (essays failing to meet ALL criteria will NOT be considered):
- Essay MUST be 750 words or less
- Essay must be submitted as a Word or rich text(.docx, .doc, or .rtf) document format into the upload box that is included with the online application
- Essay prompts are located WITHIN the scholarship application.
* Please note that no confirmation email will be sent from the Veterans United Scholarship Program upon receiving your application and essay submission.
Spring Application Period Key Dates:
- March 15 through April 30: Online application and essay upload box will be open to applicants.
- May 31: Scholarship recipients announced at www.enhancelives.com/stories
Fall Application Period Key Dates:
- September 15 through October 31: Online application and essay upload box will be open to applicants
- November 30: Scholarship recipients announced at www.enhancelives.com/stories
Winners of the scholarship will be contacted directly and asked to provide proof of enrollment (transcript or acceptance letter) to a post-secondary school and their DD-214 (or appropriate family member's DD-214).
No direct notification will be sent to the applicants who were not chosen as a winner of the scholarship.