Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
Veterans United Foundation, formed and fully funded by Veterans United Home Loans and its employees, strives to enhance lives by recognizing the selfless contributions of service members and their families through support of such individuals in need.
Despite the aid of benefits like the GI Bill, the ever-increasing expense of a post-secondary degree is one of the greatest challenges facing so many of our nation's finest, and in an effort to address this need, Veterans United Foundation has established the Veterans United Scholarship Program.
The program's primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding up to twenty $2,000 scholarships to help pay for tuition and books each semester.
Learn more at enhancelives.com/scholarships.
Meet Our Winners
Andrew Headrick, Army Veteran, 2013 Spring Winner
"Upon returning from Afghanistan, I, for the first time in my life, knew my mission…I had to continue my education."
Feras Ahmed, Army Veteran, 2013 Spring Winner
"We are making many sacrifices in order for me to complete my studies. This scholarship will help us immensely and lighten the burden of the loans we will acquire."
Clayton Gubler, Military Child, 2013 Spring Winner
"After I complete my major, I hope to earn an active duty commission into the U.S. Army as an Infantry Officer."
Carrie Livengood, Army Veteran and Military Spouse, 2013 Spring Winner
"I am the mother of five children. The financial support will help offset the costs of my education. I will be showing my children that no matter what, education is important."
Leon Lee, Active Duty Army, 2013 Spring Winner
"As only a second-generation Korean American, I have always been providing financial support for my parents and younger brother. Receiving this scholarship will allow me to reduce the financial burden that I have for my family."
Scholarship Eligibility & Application
To be considered, the scholarship applicant must have a connection to the United States Military through falling into at least one of the following categories:
- A current active-duty service member
- Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Spouse of a service member or veteran
- Surviving spouse or child of a fallen service member
- Child of a service member or veteran
Applicants must also currently be pursuing a post-secondary degree (associates, bachelors, masters or doctorate) at an accredited college or university, OR plan to attend a college or university the following academic year.
In addition, applicants must maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
You will be able to fill out the scholarship application and upload your essay only during the spring and fall submission periods.
To apply for the Veterans United Foundation Scholarship, these two (2) elements are required:
- Fill out the Online Application form, made available on the given Key Dates.
- Submit a single Essay in response to one of several prompts that will be made available during the key dates. Essays must meet all of the following criteria (essays failing to meet ALL criteria will NOT be considered):
- Essay MUST be no less than 500 words
- Essay must be submitted by copying/pasting in the designated space
- Essay must relate to one of several prompts made available
* Please note that no confirmation email will be sent from the Veterans United Scholarship Program upon receiving your application and essay submission.
Spring Application Period Key Dates
- March 15 through April 30: Online application, essay promtps, and essay upload box will be open to applicants.
- May 31: Scholarship recipients announced at www.enhancelives.com/news
Fall Application Period Key Dates
- September 15 through October 31: Online application, essay promtps, and essay upload box will be open to applicants
- November 30: Scholarship recipients announced at www.enhancelives.com/news
The VA Home Loan Destination for Millions*
Call us now to speak to a VA Loan Specialist.
Veterans United Home Loans is not affiliated with any government agencies, including the VA.