Looking for answers to your VA loan questions? Sometimes a Google search just won’t do.
So we’ve compiled the perfect database of VA loan information in one handy blog post. From prequalification to VA loan closing costs, everything military buyers and military-friendly agents need to know about VA loans can be referenced in this handy resource.
Chapter 1: VA Loans: Getting Started
The best way to start the VA loan process is with a thorough understanding of the program and its benefits. Check out a few of our favorite posts that address VA loan basics:
- The 5 Best VA Home Loan Benefits
- 3 Reasons You Won’t Prequalify for a VA Loan (and How to Overcome Them)
- VA Loan Basics: What is the Certificate of Eligibility?
- Why VA Loans Don’t Require a Down Payment
- Service Requirements for the VA Loan Program
- Getting a VA Loan After Bankruptcy
- Getting a VA Loan After Foreclosure
- VA Loan Limits
- The Benefits of VA Loan Prequalification and Preapproval
Chapter 2: The VA Loan Application Process
Ready to apply? Here’s a look at what VA lenders will want to see from potential borrowers:
- VA Loan Preapproval
- VA Loans and Credit Score Minimums
- VA Loan Credit Criteria
- 4 Credit Questions a VA Lender Will Ask You
- What Income Will Count Toward a VA Loan?
- How Much Can I Borrow With a VA Loan?
- Can You Get a VA Loan with Less Than Two Years of Steady Employment?
Chapter 3: Choosing a Home
House hunting: the most exciting part of the home purchase process! Hit the house hunting trail with these tips for choosing a home:
- Finding and Financing your Dream Home with a VA Loan
- An Overview of Property Types Eligible for VA Loans
- Military Buyers: 6 Big Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Agent
- 5 Tips to Get Your Next VA Purchase Offer Accepted
- VA Loans and Lead Paint: What You Need to Know
- 6 Factors That Can Sink Your Home Value
Chapter 4: Home Inspection / Appraisal
Each home purchased with a VA loan must meet VA appraisal guidelines. Make sure you’re familiar with those criteria:
- 4 Exterior Problems That Will Halt Any VA Appraisal
- How a Home Inspection Differs from the VA Appraisal
- How to Challenge a Low VA Appraisal Value
- How Buyers and Agents Can Handle Common VA Appraisal Problems
- How Tough is the VA Appraisal? 3 Factors to Consider
Chapter 5: Closing
What can buyers expect during the VA loan closing process?
- How Long Does it Take to Close a VA Loan?
- VA Loan Fees and Costs
- 3 Pitfalls Military Buyers Need to Avoid Before Closing Day
- Closing Costs vs. Concessions on a VA Home Loan
Still have Questions?
Even the perfect blog post can’t answer every question. Contact a Veterans United VA loan specialist at 855-524-7279 with any questions about the VA loan process.
Photo courtesy Grand Canyon NPS