- Boston Globe Sellers dismiss loan programs that aid veterans and first-time home buyers Chris Birk talks with Michele Lerner about misconceptions that push home sellers away from considering VA offers.
- Washington Post Veterans seeking mortgages will be hurt by government’s plan to hike VA home loan fees In this commentary for the Washington Post, Chris Birk writes about how rising VA home loan fees could hurt veteran homebuyers and the need for Congress to find new ways to fund critical veteran benefits.
- HousingWire After June’s 2-year hike in VA mortgage fees, Congress is ready to do it again Chris Birk talks with Kathleen Howley about Congressional plans to extend a short-term hike in VA home loan fees and how it could impact veteran homebuyers.
- Bankrate 7 mortgage refinance options for people with bad credit Chris Birk talks with Mia Taylor at Bankrate about guidelines and requirements for the VA’s Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL).
- NerdWallet VA Home Loan Limits to Disappear, Fees to Rise A new law that expands disability benefits for a group of Vietnam veterans will have big impacts on the VA loan program. Chris Birk talks with Barbara Marquand at NerdWallet about the changes and what they mean for veteran buyers in 2020 and beyond.
- ABC 10 News San Diego Making It in San Diego: Millennial veteran home purchases surging San Diego is seeing an uptick in VA lending among younger veterans and service members. Chris Birk talks with ABC 10 News about the growth and why Millennial veterans are using this benefit like never before.
- VA Loans Insider VA Loan Limits Lifted with the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act VA loan limits and the VA loan funding fee are in for changes after the passing of the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019. See how changes in Agent Orange benefits are affecting VA loans in 2020.
- HSH.com VA Home Loans: Expert Commentary by Chris Birk Chris Birk, Director of Education for Veterans United Home Loans, and author of "The Book on VA Loans: An Essential Guide to Maximizing Your Home Loan Benefits," shares his thoughts on the state of mortgage financing and how consumers can embrace recent changes to secure an optimal mortgage.
- ABC 27 – Good Day PA Home loans for veterans Veterans and service members are turning to their hard-earned VA home loan benefit in record number. Chris Birk joined Good Day PA to talk about the growth in VA lending and what makes these loans so powerful for those who serve our country.
The Book on VA Loans
Veterans and military members need clear, unbiased and helpful information to make the best financial decisions possible. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of misleading and flat-out false information online about VA loans.
Chris Birk and Veterans United wanted to create a resource to help educate veterans and military families about what they’ve earned and how to best use it. Chris wrote the first edition of this 300+ page book in 2011. Since then, Veterans United has given away thousands of copies to veterans, active duty service members and real estate agents nationwide.Get a Free Copy